Saturday, July 16, 2011

Sometimes I feel like a bad TTCer

Like today, for instance. Hubby and I were looking at a map of the U.S., and it showed all the different elevations, and I told him I'd love to go hiking for like a month in some of the mountains in the western U.S. sometime. I also tell him at times that I want to go backpacking in Europe, or other various trips. We don't exactly have the resources to do those things at the moment, but once we start our parenting journey it will probably be at least 20 years until we can even start thinking about that stuff again.

I know in my first post I vowed to be a parent in some way, eventually, either by having my own or adoption. But today I told hubby that if we can't have our own, we either need to choose adopting or pursuing all those adventures and trips we probably can't do as parents. Unless we are super financially blessed, there's just no way we'd be able to do that with 3-7 kids (our planned range, with 5 as our ideal).


No comments:

Post a Comment